http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Walnut_Sage_Apple_Stuffing_236-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 14:11:552016-09-28 17:37:23Walnut Sage Apple Stuffing
Walnut Sage Apple Stuffing
- 1 cup 1/2-inch diced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups 1/2-inch diced celery
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds italian sausage links
- 1 1/4 cups whole walnuts
- 2 cups 1/2-inch dice granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup rosemary
- 1/4 cup minced sage
- 6 cups herbed and cubed bread stuffing
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 325º F.
- Over low heat, sauté shallots and celery with 2 tablespoons butter until soft, 7 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- Empty sausage from casing and cook through in same pan, about 10 minutes. Add to celery mixture.
- Toast walnuts on cookie sheet, about 10 minutes
- Roughly chop walnuts and add to mixture
- Add diced apples to mixture.
- Add minced herbs to mixture.
- Add the bread stuffing and toss to mix
- Add chicken broth and 6 tablespoons melted butter, mix thoroughly.
- Place in a buttered casserole dish and cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes covered, and then another 10 uncovered.