http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/090602_Preserves_011_600MAIN1.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 16:31:092016-12-16 05:59:26Strawberry Pesto (apple-ginger preserves, and orange caramel sauce)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons store bought pesto
- For the Orange Caramel Sauce: 1 container caramel sauce
- 2 oranges, segmented with juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- ¼ cup water
For the Apple-Ginger Preserves
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/3 cup minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- Large pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- For the strawberry pesto: In a blender, pulse the strawberries and the mint.
- Mix the strawberry mixture in with the lemon, sugar, and pesto, and then bottle up your tangy pesto for a sweet friend or loved one.
- For the orange caramel sauce: Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook until orange segments begin to break down, about 15 minutes. Let cook and then bottle.
- For the apple-ginger preserves: In a sauce pan over medium heat, cook the apples, ginger, butter, and water until apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar, honey, salt, and nutmeg and cook down until thick, about 15-20 minutes.
- Finish with lemon juice.