http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Roast_Turkey_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 16:45:002016-12-20 19:54:15Roast Turkey
- 10-12 pounds turkey
- 3 lemons, halved
- 10 sprigs parsley
- Kitchen string
- 3 onions cut in 1/2 inch rings
- 4-5 whole carrots
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Stuff turkey with lemon and parsley.
- Tie legs of the turkey together with kitchen string and tuck the wings behind the turkey neck.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan on a bed of onions, celery, and carrots.
- Cook for 30 minutes and then turn the temperature down to 350.
- Baste with butter every hour until cooked through, 170 for the breast and 180 for the thigh.