http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sugar-Spice-Cookies_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 20:19:182016-12-20 18:48:30Sugar and Spice Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, for sifting
- Preheat oven to 375º F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the softened butter, sugar, egg, and molasses until well combined.
- In another bowl, shift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and allspice. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, mixing constantly, until well combined.
- Using your hands, roll out small balls, about the size of a walnut.
- Place cookies on the baking sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and with a sifter lightly powder the tops of the cookies with powdered sugar.