http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/404-cook-cake_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 18:14:302016-12-16 05:53:38Round Cake
- 4 boxes cake mix
- 2 cups apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 box confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- Two 8” cake pans
- Two 10” cake pans
- Plastic circus animals
- For the Icing: Combine the liquids with the cream cheese and add to the dry ingredients.
- For the Cake: Prepare the cake batters according to the directions on the box and divide among the 4 cake pans. Cook according to directions and then cool.
- Once the cakes have cooled, level out the tops that puffed out, using a bread knife. Using an empty jar, cut out the center of one of the 8” cakes, this will be your top layer.
- In a small saucepan melt the jam along with the lemon juice and using a pastry brush, brush the jam onto each layer, except for the top layer.
- Stack your cakes, with two 10” cakes on the bottom, and pour the icing over the cake.
- Decorate with plastic circus animals.