http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png 0 0 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 18:00:012016-12-16 05:54:40Plum Pudding
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) melted butter
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (plus additional for tossing fruit) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup of blended raisins
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and sugar 4 12-ounce ramekins.
- Combine the sugar, butter, milk, and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Next, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 additions.
- Toss candied fruit and raisins lightly with flour to prevent sinking and add to batter. Stir in brandy.
- Pour batter into ramekins and cover with foil. Place in a roasting pan and carefully fill with hot water that comes halfway up the sides of the containers.
- Cover ramekins with foil and steam for 2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure water hasn't boiled out. Let cool for 5 minutes on a rack before turning out.