http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/cornsalad003_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 20:48:572016-12-20 19:48:28Corn and Tomatoes, Tossed with Blue Cheese
Corn and Tomatoes, Tossed with Blue Cheese
- 6 ears of fresh corn, shucked
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped small red onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Add the lemon and sugar to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook the corn until just done, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from boiling water and cool in the ice bath to stop the cooking process. Remove from ice bath. Cut the corn from the ears and place in a large mixing bowl.
- When cool, add the grape tomatoes, green pepper, and red onion to the corn. Add the blue cheese, fresh thyme, olive oil and red wine. Toss to combine and season to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.