http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Macaroni-and-cheese-recipe-katie-brown.jpg 675 450 William Corbin http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png William Corbin2017-06-08 17:15:192017-06-08 17:26:03The best Macaroni and Cheese recipe #macncheese
The best Macaroni and Cheese recipe #macncheese
One recipe that never fails to make everyone smile is my easy, cheesy homemade macaroni and cheese, or better known as Mac n Cheese.
This Macaroni and cheese, Mac n cheese, recipe will feed and please a crowd. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do, and please let us know in the comments below.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1- pound elbow pasta cooked in equal parts chicken stock and water
- For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 4 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- For the topping
- 1 cup grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Once melted, add the flour and cook for about 2 minutes (this is called a roux). Slowly whisk in the milk and chicken broth. When the milk begins to steam, whisk in the cream cheese until smooth.
- 2. Turn off the heat and add the cheddar, stirring until melted and smooth. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Put the macaroni into small, individual fry pans or ramekins. Top each ramekin with the yellow and white grated cheeses, alternating each to create a striped ‘zebra’ pattern. Place the ramekins under a broiler or in a warm oven until the cheese is just melted. (Don’t let it sit too long, or the cheese will run together).
What’s your go-to dinner for school nights? Jump in on the conversation here.
Share this Recipe
Hi, can I please have the crab sauce used on S4 Ep22 12/31/16 10:30am
Steak and crab sause recipe please.