http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/butterflyicecreamsand004-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 15:28:582016-12-20 19:02:14Butterfly Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, well chilled
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 pint raspberry or mixed berry sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 pint mango or passion fruit sorbet, slightly softened
- Special equipment: butterfly-shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness, using additional flour as needed to prevent sticking. Cut out butterfly shapes and gently brush off excess flour, if necessary. Transfer butterfly shapes to un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 – 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets onto racks to cool.
- Top half of the butterflies with the different ice creams and sorbets and then gently press another cookie to the ice cream.
- Cover and freeze sandwiches until ready to serve. Arrange in a chilled glass bowl to serve. Can be made 4 days ahead.