http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Skillet_Corn_Bread_Jalapeno_Pecans_53-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 19:17:152016-12-20 19:50:01Skillet Corn Bread
- 2 tablespoons Crisco
- 2 cups yellow coarse ground cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus enough to sprinkle over the top
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Place a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with Crisco in the hot oven while you make the batter.
- Combine cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the egg and buttermilk to the dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- Add honey. Then add the melted butter and then stir in the jalapeños and pecans.
- Remove skillet from the oven and pour batter into it.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Return to the oven and bake until the top is golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.