http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/324-Festive-Spinach-and-Cheese-Strata_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 13:40:342016-12-20 19:45:58Spinach and Cheese Strata
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 ounce package of froze spinach, thawed and squeeze
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto
- 3 cups grated gruyere
- 8 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 9 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan on high, add onion, and reduce heat to medium. Sauté the onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan and season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg. Then add in the chopped prosciutto.
- In a casserole dish, arrange half of the bread cubes, and layer on half of the spinach mixture, followed by half of your cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, pushing down the layers if necessary.
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine the eggs, milk, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the strata layers, allowing time for the bread to absorb the liquid.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.