http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/415-cook-empanada_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 15:45:082016-12-16 21:56:30Beef Empanadas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 pound beef
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 pound pepper jack cheese, shredded.
- 3 eggs
- 2 sheets puff pastry dough
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Saute onions in olive oil; then add beef and brown. Add diced red bell peppers and chicken stock to deglaze the pan.
- Add bread crumbs and remove from heat; then add cheese.
- Beat eggs to create egg wash.
- Cut out circles into puff pastry dough using a small circular bowl.
- Fill the middle of circles with beef filling. Fold the empanada in half and seal, using a pastry brush and egg wash as glue. Crimp at the edge with a fork and brush top of empanada with egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.