http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/402-cook-green-eggs_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 17:32:052016-12-20 19:52:36Spam I Am
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups grapes, halved
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 1 container button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 slices of spam
- 4 tablespoons grated Cheddar cheese
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the butter and the cayenne. Add the grapes and sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Toss with the remaining ingredients and serve.
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the asparagus. Remove the asparagus from the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer. Crack each egg into a small bowl and gently lower into the water. Poach the eggs for about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, carefully move the eggs to a paper towel lined plate.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large sauté pan. Add the spam and cook until lightly browned and then set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through. Once the mushrooms are fully cooked, toss in the asparagus and heat though. Season with salt and pepper and finish with the lemon juice.
- Place the spam on the plate and layer with the mushrooms, then the asparagus, and finally the egg. Top with grated cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.