http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Wafer_Cake_Boy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 20:26:362016-12-20 18:43:18Wafer Cake
- 2 2-layer cake mixes
- 1 16 -ounce tub prepared frosting
- 1 1-pound bag confectioner's sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- Assorted food coloring
- Prepare both cake mixes according to their instructions. Pour one of the batters into a greased 9 x 2-inch cake pan, and the other into 8 x 2-inch cake pan. Bake each cake for about 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cakes are baking, mix the confectioner's sugar and water in a medium bowl until it makes a loose paste. Divide paste into two separate bowls and add a few drops of food coloring to each mixture so that you have two different icing colors.
- Place wafers on a cooling rack over a baking sheet (to catch the run off icing). Pour icing over cookies until fully covered. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes until icing has hardened.
- Once the cakes have cooled, stack the smaller on top of the larger one and cover both tiers with the frosting of your choice and stick colored wafers to the sides.