http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/408-cook-plum_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 19:44:242016-12-20 18:53:20Plum Almond Cobbler
Plum Almond Cobbler
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 pounds prune plums (or other plums), pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Add plums, lemon juice, and butter. Toss mixture well and spoon into a shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- In a food processor, pulse together granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and ½ cup almonds until almonds are ground finely. Add the egg and pulse until blended.
- Spoon flour mixture over plum mixture, pulling some plum wedges up for presentation. Sprinkle remaining ¼ almonds over cobbler.
- Bake cobbler in the middle of oven for 45 minutes, or until golden and bubbling, and cool on rack. Serve cobbler warm or at room temperature and top with heavy cream.