http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ep-6b-cook_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 17:10:442016-12-20 19:53:00Seafood Risotto
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 minced small onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- In a small saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a simmer.
- In a large pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the rice to the butter and onion and cook, stirring regularly, until the rice has a nice glassy sheen, 1-2 minutes.
- Start adding the stock, about ½ cup at a time, and cook until most of the liquid is gone, stirring consistently. Alternate with ½ cup wine. Repeat until rice is cooked through. You might not need all of the stock.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and thyme. Add a little stock to keep a nice creamy texture if you need to.
- Saute seafood in 1 tablespoon butter and place on top of risotto.