http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/512_Cook_Garlic_Mashed_Potatoes_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 21:26:232016-12-20 19:46:19Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 head of garlic, about 12 cloves
- Olive oil
- 8 russet potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Parmesan cheese , the stuff in the green can is ok, if you can't find a fresh piece to grate up.
- First you will need to roast your garlic in a 425º F oven (keep in mind you can do this a few days ahead)
- Toss peeled and cleaned garlic cloves with about 1/4 cup olive oil, place in a small roasting pan and toast in oven about 15-20 minutes till soft and golden.
- Peel and dice potatoes
- Place in a medium sized sauce pan and cover with water, and about 1 tablespoon salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower temp and cook till tender.
- Now drain well through colander and place back in pan.
- Add the cream cheese chopped in small pieces, along with the butter also chopped, and the garlic cloves-drained.
- Start to smash with a potato smasher and add salt and pepper to taste.
- If it looks too sticky add just small about of milk to make them more "silky"
- When you are happy with the consistency, you can add about ½ cup of cheese.
- Place in a serving dish, cover with a bit more cheese and place under broiler to just brown the parmesan slightly.