http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Roasted-Root-Veg-Balsamic-Glaze-_600-Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 13:30:312016-12-20 19:46:07Roasted Root Vegetables Balsamic Glaze
- 2 pounds turnips, peeled and cut into thick strips
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into thick strips
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick strips
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- Separately toss the root vegetables with the olive oil and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on baking sheets in single layers for about 30-35 minutes, depending on the vegetable. Pierce with a paring knife to check for doneness.
- In a small pan, simmer the balsamic vinegar until it reduces to a glaze.
- Once the root vegetables are cooked, toss together and drizzle with glaze.