http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/504_Cook_Cauliflower_Soup_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 17:00:392016-12-16 21:52:21Creamy Cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon thyme, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and sauté the shallots and garlic. Add the cumin, thyme, the remaining butter, and the cauliflower. Season with salt and sauté until golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of milk and the chicken stock and simmer lightly until cauliflower is tender.
- Transfer soup to a food processor and blend until smooth. Return soup to pot and add the remaining milk, cream cheese, and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Divide the soup among four bowls, sprinkle the remaining cheese on each bowl, along with the cumin, and top with a sprig of thyme.