http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ep-8-cook_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 19:24:532016-12-20 18:54:43Peach Tart
- 16 ounce can frozen peach segments
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Defrosted frozen puff pastry
- Flour for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon of water egg Wash
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Spread the defrosted peach segments on some paper towels and let them dry for about 15 minutes.
- Combine peaches, cornstarch, sugar, almonds, currants and vanilla in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Dust the puff pastry with flour and roll it out to smooth it and expand it a bit.
- Cut two 10 inch circles from the puff pastry. Transfer one to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and set one aside for the top.
- Pile the peach mixture in the middle of the first circle. Leave any accumulated liquid in the bottom of the bowl. Spread the filling to an even layer with a 2 ½ inch border.
- Apply egg wash to the border, and then cover with the 2nd sheet of puff pastry, pressing down gently around the circumferance of the tart. Cut a slit in the top to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the pastry is puffy and golden brown.