http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/AsparagusOrangeVinaigrette_600MAIN-1.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 20:12:422016-12-20 19:49:18Asparagus with Orange Vinaigrette
- 4 bunches asparagus, trimmed of tough bottoms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 4 oranges, segmented, juice reserved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the asparagus for 3-6 minutes, depending on thickness, and then transfer into an ice bath. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shallots, season with salt, and sweat until translucent. Add the oregano and cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer the shallots to a mixing bowl and add the lemon juice and the reserved orange juice, then slowly whisk in the remaining olive oil.
- Arrange the asparagus in a serving dish, top with orange segments and spoon on the shallot dressing.