http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Prosciutto_Asparagus_Melts_Ingredients3_600main-1.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 19:39:072016-12-20 19:49:37Asparagus Proscuitto
- Pinch of salt
- 20 asparagus tips, blanched
- 20 slices of mozzarella, cut into bite size
- 10 slices proscuitto, cut in half
- 20 baguette slices
- Olive oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Blanch asparagus tips in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, remove, and cool under water.
- Brush bread with olive oil. Stack asparagus tips on cheese slices, wrap in proscuitto, and place on top of sliced bread.
- Brush top with olive oil, and bake for 8 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
HINTS & CLUES
- Use the rest of the asparagus for another tasty dish, like chilled asparagus soup, or chopped up in a frittata for breakfast.