http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Mashed-Potatoes_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 21:06:312016-12-20 19:47:07Minted Mashed Potatoes
- 10 large potatoes
- 1 stick of butter
- 5 sprigs of mint
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 pint cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and cube potatoes and add to pot with enough water to cover plus an inch. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes. Potatoes are done when a fork or knife inserts and removes easily.
- In a saucepan, heat cream, butter and the 5 sprigs of mint over low heat and bring to a simmer.
- Drain potatoes.
- Strain mint from cream and add to potatoes. Then add cream and heat through.
- Add butter, chives, parsley and chopped mint.
- Mash and season to taste.