http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/415-cook-sweet-potato-chips_400Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 13:43:502016-12-20 19:45:23Sweet Potato Chips
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn starch
- 6 cups cold water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large yellow or white onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic (6 cloves of fresh)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup milk
- Approximately 15 chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak sweet potatoes in cold water and corn starch.
- In large saucepan, heat 2 inches oil to 325 degrees F. Fry sweet potatoes in batches for 3-5 minutes or until golden. Drain.
- Carmelize onions and garlic in pan with olive oil until translucent.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, and chives.