http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Polenta_Bites_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 14:03:052017-07-04 18:34:14Polenta Bites recipe
Mix in the store-bought with the homemade. A package of pre-made polenta is the base of this delicious appetizer
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 package pre-made polenta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 large portabellas, halved and then sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the oven to broil.
- Slice the polenta into ½” thick rounds. Divide the parmesan cheese among the polenta rounds and broil until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium sauté pan and sauté the shallots until translucent. Add the portabellas and season with salt and pepper.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, toss in the spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Divide the spinach mushroom mixture among the polenta bites and serve to your soon to be adoring guests.