http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/411-cook-parsnip-apps_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 13:55:142016-12-20 18:29:39Prosciutto Wrapped Parsnips
Prosciutto Wrapped Parsnips
- 3 small parsnips, ends removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- Garlic powder
- Oil, for frying
- Fill a saucepan with 2’’ of oil and heat to 350º F.
- Half each parsnips and then cut each half into thirds. Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each parsnip piece in prosciutto, coat with the egg wash, and then roll in sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and carefully place into the oil, cooking only a few at a time so not to lower the temperature of the oil. Each batch will need to cook for about 10 minutes, but you can check for doneness by inserting a paring knife into the parsnip, when it inserts with little to no resistance, they are ready.