http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Feta-Spinach-Nibbles_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 14:58:582016-12-16 21:59:15Feta and Spinach Nibbles
Feta and Spinach Nibbles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 4 ounces feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fillo dough
- 1 1/2 sticks clarified, unsalted butter
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet.
- Add shallot and cook until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Place mixture in a colander over a bowl and press out excess moisture or place in a kitchen towel and squeeze to drain excess water.
- Coarsely chop spinach mixture.
- Place in a medium bowl and add feta, parsley and dill. Then, mix until well blended. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cut fillo into 8 strips. Place extra dough over a slightly damp kitchen towel to prevent drying while you work.
- Brush each strip with butter.