http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/420-cook-matzoh-ball-soup_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 17:36:302016-12-16 21:50:06Matzo Ball Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 cups water
- 3 parsley stems
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, stems reserved
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- Simmer chicken stock, water, parsley stems, and bay leaf in a large pot over medium heat.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix the matzo meal, eggs, olive oil, salt, parsley, and thyme. (Add a few tablespoons of stock to mix if it’s looking too dry.) Place into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Pull the matzo mix out the fridge and shape into 4 balls. Carefully place the balls into simmering stock.
- Add carrot rounds to soup and cook until tender and matzo balls are puffy, about 20-30 minutes.