http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Green_Garden_Soup2_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 17:26:592016-12-16 21:50:38Green Garden Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 13-ounce can of artichokes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders, cut into small chunks
- 1 10-ounce packages button mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, cucumber, artichokes, green onions, and asparagus. Cook until soft, about 20 minutes. Add the chicken, mushrooms, and broth, and bring to a boil. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add half of the cream and the lemon juice. In batches, puree soup mixture in blender until smooth. Add soup back to pot. Return to a boil to warm through and stir in remaining cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.