http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/GreenbeanTomato-Salad-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 17:22:572016-12-16 21:50:58Green Bean and Tomato Salad
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained & rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives chopped coarsely
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- In a large pot, bring salted water to boil and cook green beans until just cooked through. Remove immediately from boiling water and dunk into an ice bath to reserve the green color and stop the cooking process. Let cool completely in ice bath, remove and drain in a colander.
- Make the vinaigrette: whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, cherry tomatoes, garbanzo beans, capers, olives, red onion, scallions and feta cheese with the vinaigrette. Salad can be made one hour ahead and can be served chilled or at room temperature.