http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Apple_Popovers_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 16:57:262016-12-16 05:57:33Apple Popovers
- For the Apple Filling: 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 slices each
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the Popovers: 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- For the Cream: 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add the apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and stir to coat. Cook uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes until apples are soft, but not mushy. Cool.
- To prepare the popovers, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add the flour, salt, sugar, and melted butter, and continue to whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Grease a muffin tin and fill with 2-3 cooked apple slices per muffin cup. Place in the oven for 5 minutes to heat up the tins. Remove tins from the oven and pour batter over the apples to fill cups ¾ of the way to the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees F, then reduce to 375 degrees F and continue to bake for another 20 minutes. They should be golden brown. Remove from oven and spoon into serving dishes. Flip the popovers so that the apples are on top.
- While the popovers are baking, mix the cream cheese and brown sugar for the cream. Place in the refrigerator until needed.