http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/504_Cook_Veggie_Rollups_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 13:49:572016-12-20 18:30:59Quick Vegetable Roll Ups
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces mozzarella
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 spring basil
- 1/3 cup parsley springs
- 1 cup spinach, stems removed
- 3 pieces of roasted red pepper, cut into ¼” slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the oven to broil and line a baking dish with parchment paper brushed with oil.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4” slices lengthwise until you have eight eggplant shaped slices. Repeat with the zucchini. Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil and season with salt.
- Lay the eggplant and zucchini slices on the baking sheet and broil until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and flip the slices using tongs.
- Divide the cheeses among the eggplant slices, placing the mozzarella on the largest part of the eggplant and sprinkling the parmesan over the entire slice. Broil until cheese is bubbly and slices are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Toss the basil, parsley, and spinach with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Layer the zucchini on top of the eggplant and top with divided roasted red pepper slices, placing the slices on top of the widest side of the eggplant (where the mozzarella was placed), top with the divided spinach mixture and roll the eggplant slices, starting at the thickest end.