http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chicken_Finger_Rollups4_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-13 21:18:082016-12-20 19:59:46Chicken Finger Roll-Ups
MAKES 10 ROLL-UPS
- 20 chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 14-ounce bag potato chips
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 10 leaves of boston lettuce (or a similar green with soft leaves)
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Set up an assembly line for the chicken tenders. First, fill a medium sized bowl with the flour.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk, and set it beside the flour bowl. Slightly open the bag of chips (to let the air out) and then crush them until they are in small pieces. Place the bag of crushed chips at the end of your assembly line.
- Dredge one chicken finger in the flour and shake off any excess. Next, coat it in the egg mixture, and then drop it into the chip bag. Repeat with the rest of the chicken tenders. Once all of the tenders are in the chip bag, shake them around until they are all fully coated with the potato chip flakes. Place the tenders in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
FOR THE ROLL UPS
- While the chicken strips are baking, prepare the tortillas. Place tortillas between two wet paper towels and place on a baking sheet in the oven. This will make them softer and easier to fold.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, peel long, thin strips off the sides of the carrot.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and place a few ribbons of carrot in the tortilla, in addition to a leaf of lettuce and about 1 tablespoon of Ranch dressing. When the chicken tenders have cooled slightly, add 2 strips to each tortilla and wrap tightly.