http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/090602_Potato_011_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 21:18:232016-12-20 19:46:36Potato Gratin
- 6 all purpose potatoes, sliced thin on the flat side of a box grater
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus extra for the pie dish
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped chives
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Heat the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the onions. Sauté until lightly browned and set aside.
- Layer ¼ of the potatoes in the pie dish and top with ¼ of the onions, ¼ cup cheese, and 1 tablespoon of chives. Continue to layer with the remaining potatoes, onions, cheese and chives, ¼ of each at a time, and sprinkling with salt every couple of layers.
- Pour cream over pie and top with the remaining onion and cheese and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, and then remove the tinfoil. Turn the heat up to 500º F and cook until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.