http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Corn_Fritters_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 16:35:322016-12-16 05:58:27Corn Fritters
- 2 boxes jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 cups sweet frozen corn, thawed
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients, except for the oil, and mix well.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, pour about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the corn mixture into the skillet, similar to making a pancake.
- Repeat all the way around a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Cook fritters on one side until lightly browned, then flip, and continue to cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Place fritters on a paper towel to cool. These fritters are great served hot or at room temperature.