http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sopa_De_Tortilla_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 18:42:122016-12-16 21:45:50Sopa De Tortilla
Sopa De Tortilla
- 15 ounce can of whole tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, seeded
- 48 ounce can chicken broth
- Salt & pepper
- Oil for frying
- Corn tortillas, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 lime, juiced
- Drain can of tomatoes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes, onion, garlic, chipotle pepper.
- In a large pot, add tomato mixture and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a frying pan a quarter of the way full with oil. Heat oil and fry tortillas until crispy and golden. Remove from oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Remove soup from heat and add lime juice. Garnish with fried tortilla strips.