http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Truffles_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 17:58:182016-12-20 18:57:08Katie's Truffles
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Espresso powder
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- Boil cream on low heat for about 3 minutes or until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Add chopped chocolate, return to low heat, and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Whisk in the butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour into a pyrex loaf pan and refrigerate until hard (at least one hour).
- Remove pan from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop out chocolate with a teaspoon and roll it into 1/2-inch balls.
- Roll truffles in cocoa and espresso powder.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer up until serving time.