http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Thin-Mint-Cookies_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 18:01:262016-12-20 18:57:01Kim's Thin Mint Cookies
Kim’s Thin Mint Cookies
- 1 1-pound box of ritz crackers
- 2 11.5-ounce bags of semi-sweet chocolate morsels or chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening (optional)
- Crushed peppermints for topping
- Melt the chocolate over low heat in a double-boiler, 1 bag at a time. Make sure to stir continuously so you do not burn the chocolate.
- Dip Ritz crackers into chocolate, then let cool on wax paper. Spoon melted chocolate on top of each chocolate-covered cracker for extra thickness.
- For topping, sprinkle crushed peppermint onto chocolate just before it has completed cooling.