http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/407-cook-stuffing_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 21:00:302016-12-20 19:47:49Leftover Dressing
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 stalks of celery, diced
- 10 links of breakfast sausage
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups crumbled “old bread” i.e. biscuits, dinner rolls, french bread
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- In a frying pan, add olive oil, onions, carrots, and celery. Salt to taste.
- Coarsely chop breakfast sausage, and add to your frying pan.
- Add red and green peppers.
- Add chicken broth.
- Stir in crumbled bread and rice.
- Transfer to baking dish and top with bread crumbs. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes.