http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Stuffed_Flank_Steak_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 17:49:402016-12-20 19:52:14Stuffed Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1 zucchini cut into strips lengthwise
- Olive oil to coat steak
- Salt and pepper
- 5 ounces (about 9 button mushrooms)
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- Natural string
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- Trim any excess fat off the beef.
- Carefully butterfly the steak so that it opens up like a book.
- Coat zucchini strips and mushroom with a little oil, salt, and pepper, and cook in the grill pan for a couple minutes on each side.
- With steak opened up, layer zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper strips.
- Close up the steak and secure with kitchen string.
- Rub with olive oil, and sprinkle with chopped parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Grill steak on each side for about 5-7 minutes for rare or until done to your taste.
- Allow steak to rest, 10 minutes, before slicing.