http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Gorgonzola_Stuffed_Potatoes_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 20:56:202016-12-20 19:47:55Gorgonzola Stuffed Potatoes
Gorgonzola Stuffed Potatoes
- 6 medium sized Yukon gold or red skinned potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 pieces of aluminum foil
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Wash and dry potatoes, and place in large mixing bowl. Toss with vegetable oil and salt. Wrap each potato individually with aluminum foil. Place potatoes onto baking sheet and bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until toothpick is inserted with ease.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, remove foil, and allow them to cool enough to touch.
- With a knife, cut quarter sized holes in the top of each potato and discard tops. With a small spoon, hallow out each potato. Reserve the potato flesh in a separate medium size mixing bowl. Make sure to leave some potato around the inside edges to help keep the shape.
- Mix gorgonzola, pepper, and heavy cream with the potato. Stuff the potato shells with the mixture, mounding each potato with the mixture.
- Return potatoes to a sheet tray and place under broiler. Remove from oven when golden or at about five minutes.