http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/sausages002-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-13 20:36:092016-12-20 20:00:39Beer-Simmered Grilled Brats
Beer-Simmered Grilled Brats
- In a large saucepan, combine beer, onions, and brats, and bring to a simmer, uncovered. Let simmer until brats are just cooked through, 20-30 minutes. You can simmer the brats ahead of time and store in the fridge in the beer mixture until ready to grill.
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Remove brats from beer mixture. Continue to simmer onions until they are cooked through. Remove onions and discard liquid.
- Grill brats until nicely browned on all sides.
- Serve brats immediately on buns with beer-simmered onions and condiments such as ketchup, mustard, pickle relish, and sauerkraut.