http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/090603_AngelFood_023_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 16:40:112016-12-20 18:59:06Colorful Birthday Cake
- 2 boxes yellow cake mix
- 1 jar vanilla frosting
- 3-4 drops red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Grease and flour a bunt pan and a 4-inch wide oven-safe bowl.
- Prepare the cake mixes as directed and pour into bunt pan until batter comes 2 inches from the top. Then, fill 4-inch glass bowl about ¾ full.
- Bake bunt cake until top is golden, about 30-45 minutes. The cake in the small bowl will be ready sooner, about 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Meanwhile scoop the frosting onto a medium bowl and mix in the food coloring and the flour so that your frosting is a smooth and even pink color.
- Transfer the bunt cake to your serving platter and frost the cake, leaving a 3-inch rim around the bottom of the cake un-frosted.
- Invert the small cake and place it, widest side down, on top of the bunt cake. Frost the small cake, sealing the edges where the two cakes meet with frosting. Finish your cake by decorating with bright flowers.