http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Tomato_Bread_Pudding_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 16:41:472016-12-16 05:58:08Tomato Bread Pudding
Makes one 13" x 9" pan, Serves 12
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 tablespoons thyme
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 2 ¼ cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 10 cups French bread, cut in medium size cubes
- 2 ½ cups grated parmesan
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat a medium size sauté pan over high heat and add olive oil. When hot, add onion, garlic, and thyme.
- Lower heat to medium and slowly cook for 6 minutes or until onions are soft. Place in a large mixing bowl and allow mixture to cool. Add heavy cream, chicken stock, salt, pepper, eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Add bread, grated parmesan, and tomatoes, tossing well to coat everything, and then allow the mixture to sit for at least 10 minutes. Place in a greased 13 x 9 inch pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the pudding is set.