http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Coconut-Macaroons_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 16:29:022016-12-20 18:59:27Coconut Mint Macaroons
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg whites, sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt until well combined and frothy. Then, fold in coconut.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the coconut mixture onto sheet and form small mounds.
- Bake until tops are a pale-golden hue, about 25- 30 minutes. Carefully lift cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 15 minutes.