http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/drumbsticks005_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-13 15:22:202016-12-20 20:01:34BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 24 chicken drumsticks
- Salt & pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the barbecue sauce, mustard, molasses and bourbon to the onion mixture. Bring to a simmer and let simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season the chicken drumsticks liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Grill drumsticks until skin is crisp and juices run clear, turning to cook on all sides, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Transfer about 1/2 of bbq sauce to a bowl and reserve. Brush drumsticks with remaining sauce and cook until glaze forms, about another 3-4 minutes longer.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately or at room temperature along with the reserved sauce.