http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/408-cook-lamb_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 14:05:262016-12-20 19:58:54Cumin and Lemon Leg of Lamb
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, 6-7 pounds, butter filleted with fat and sinew trimmed
- 1/2 spanish onion
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, washed and quartered
- Garlic cloves from 1 head of garlic
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Toast all your spices in a dry sauté pan over medium heat. When toasted, place in spice grinder and grind.
- Place spices and all other marinade ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended.
- Place lamb and marinade in a baking pan and rub marinade all over lamb. Cover with plastic wrap or place lamb and marinade in a ziploc plastic bag and refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- Heat grill or prepare barbeque with coals. When medium hot, shake off marinade place on grill for 10 minutes on each side. Place lamb in roasting pan
- Toss potatoes and garlic in marinade and then place potatoes and garlic along each side of the lamb in the roasting pan
- Roast preheated oven for 30-45 minutes. Or until meat thermometer reads 135 degrees. Remove from oven and let lamb rest 5-10 minutes before serving.