http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/poachedeggpuff002-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 16:21:412016-12-20 19:54:55Poached Egg with Pesto on Puff Pastry Shell
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm puff pastry shells
- 7 ounce jar of prepared pesto, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 8 fresh eggs
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for an egg wash
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes, cut into 8 ¼-inch slices, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bake the puff pastry shells according to package directions and let them cool on a rack. When cool, spread a heaping teaspoon of pesto into the bottom of each puff pastry shell. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, fill a deep saucepan with 3 inches water. Add vinegar and bring to a simmer. Crack the egg into the water to poach it until whites are completely cooked and yolks are runny. Dab on paper towels when removing from the water so that the eggs do not make the puff pastry soggy.
- Assemble the puff pasty shells; place puff pasty shell bottoms on 8 salad plates. Place a slice of tomato on each and sprinkle each tomato slice with salt, pepper and fresh basil. Top each with a poached egg and a dollop of the pesto.