http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Orzo_Primavera_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 15:52:272016-12-20 19:56:04Orzo Primavera
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 medium diced green zucchini
- 1 medium diced yellow zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups orzo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- In the meantime add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper, zucchini and red pepper flakes. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Place the vegetables in a large serving bowl.
- Add the orzo to the boiling water and cook until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain in a colander. Add the drained orzo to the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the orzo, top with the chopped basil and parmesan cheese and toss all ingredients together to combine. Serve immediately (can also be made up to two hours in advance and served at room temperature).