http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Three_Bean_Salad_60omain.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 19:08:592016-12-16 21:44:38Three Bean Salad
- 6 cups string beans cut in half
- 6 cups yellow wax beans, cut in half
- 3 cans cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups thinly sliced red onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped chervil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil; add ½ cup of salt along with the green and yellow beans. Cook for 6 minutes or until tender, but still a little crisp. Drain beans and run under cold running water to stop them from cooking.
- Add onion, cannelloni, green and yellow beans to the vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tarragon, chervil, vinegars, honey, and olive oil. Mix in the bean mixture.
- Let salad marinate for at least two hours in refrigerator before serving.
HINTS & CLUES
- To properly blanch green vegetables, place in very salty water. Immediately remove cooked vegetables and cool under cold water or, even better, in a bowl of ice water. This process helps preserve the vegetables vibrant green color. If you're blanching a lot of vegetables, do so in small batches, or in a tall pot with lots of water, so that the temperature of the boiling water does not drop significantly when you drop the green vegetables in.